Roger A. Hayden, II represents clients in complex commercial transactions, employment, real estate and litigation. His expertise includes the transfer, financing and leasing of real property, business organization and planning, asset protection and discrimination issues in the workplace. He also represents clients in will and trust contests, disputed guardianships and other fiduciary matters.
A Maryland native, he grew up on a farm in upper Montgomery County, Maryland where he continues to reside with his wife and children. He is involved in numerous civic activities including PTA, Boy Scouts, and youth religious instructor.
Activities and Affiliations
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Inns of Court
- American Association for Justice
- American Land Title Association
- Virginia Land Title Association
- Maryland Land Title Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland (Chair, Civil Committee for the Section of Collaborative Law)
- Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals (CDRP) (Chair, Civil Committee)
- Parent Association Advisory Council, The George Washington University
- B.A., Randolph-Macon College
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- District of Columbia
“I represent clients locally and nationwide in a wide variety of business matters and disputes. I concentrate my practice in business planning, real estate, employment, contracts, lending, and disputes over wills, trusts and estates. I represent corporations, financial institutions, individuals, and families. Because of my background in the title field, I am frequently retained as an expert witness in matters involving real estate and title insurance. I also engage in an extensive general commercial litigation practice including mediations, arbitrations and civil collaborative law to help clients avoid lawsuits in court. I am licensed to practice law in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Virginia and have qualified to practice before the federal and state courts of many other jurisdictions.”
Specialties: Real estate; business law; disputes over wills & trusts; employment and discrimination law; title insurance; expert witness; money, banking and finance; contracts; general commercial litigation; civil collaborative law.